Pass your HIAB lorry loader test, and you can safely and efficiently operate a lorry loader and gain your Lorry Loaders Operators Card.
If you are over 18 and want to gain your lorry loader (HIAB) or Slinger Signaler qualification, you’ll find our whole approach to Lorry Loader and Slinger Signaler training is reassuringly different to other providers.
What to expect when you train with Teesside LGV
At Teesside LGV, we set the standard for Lorry Loader and Slinger Signaler training – it’s why our pass rates are so high and why you’ll feel confident and supported throughout your training journey. You can expect:
- Exceptional 1-to-1 instruction from our own team of highly qualified Lorry Loader and Slinger Signaler instructors
- A whole host of extra operating tips and advice that prepare you for the real world – helping to ensure your ongoing journey as a Lorry Loader or Slinger Signaler is safer, easier and more enjoyable
- Fantastic facilities. All our training takes place at our very own on-site lorry loader (HIAB) training and test centre in Middlesbrough – approved by both the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) and the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS). We prefer to use our own lorry loader for training, but can provide training at your site, with your vehicle, should you prefer.
How long is the lorry loader (HIAB) Course?
This is typically a 1-2 day course, (depending on your previous experience) with your on-site assessment on the final day – but shorter and longer courses can also be arranged.
Our approved Lorry Loader (HIAB) and Slinger Signaler course includes both theory and practical stages, and covers all aspects of safe lorry loader operation, including:
- health and safety regulations and risk assessments
- loading and unloading
- vehicle safety and pre-shift inspections
- understanding different site conditions
- understanding power take off (PTO) – including correct engaging and disengaging
- Lifting plans
- your assessment
What to do next
If you’d like to book your Lorry Loader (HIAB) and Slinger Signaler training course, just give us a ring and our fantastic office team will guide you through the entire process.