A specialist course that focuses on increasing fuel efficiency, reducing vehicle wear and tear and the risk of accidents and insurance implications.
Eco-driving is not just about increasing your fuel efficiency – it promotes safety, driving best practice, confidence and professionalism.
How will you benefit from Eco-Driver training?
- Increase your hazard perception skills and you’ll drive more safely – we teach you how to plan ahead and anticipate potential hazards.
- You’ll feel more professional and confident as you’ll have a greater understanding and awareness of your vehicle and immediate environment.
- You’ll improve your fuel efficiency by up to 15% by learning how to effectively use your vehicle’s momentum, engine braking and torque.
What to expect when you train with Teesside LGV
At Teesside LGV, we set the standard for LGV training – it’s why our pass rates are so high and why you’ll feel confident and supported throughout your training journey. You can expect:
- Exceptional 1-to-1 instruction from our own team of highly qualified LGV driving instructors – the only NRI-approved (National Register of Instructors) LGV instructors in Teesside.
- A whole host of extra Eco-Driving tips and advice that help to ensure your ongoing journey as a lorry driver is safer, easier and more enjoyable.
- Fantastic facilities. Our Eco-Driver training takes place at our very own DVSA-approved on-site training and test centre – using our own fleet of vehicles. This means you’ll always be driving a high spec, true-to-life vehicle – on a realistic course.
Eco-Driver Course content
Our 1-day Eco-Driver course can be tailored to your needs, but generally covers:
- road awareness
- smooth handling
- vehicle maintenance
- tips for driving best practice
- safeguarding vulnerable road users
What to do next
If you’d like to book your Eco-Driver training, just give us a ring and our fantastic office team will guide you through the entire process.